Hi! I thought it would be fun to show you a bit of my mixed media process today. First, please know, I am entirely self taught so if I can wing this, you can too! Let’s keep this simple with a list:
1. Pray and take notes. It’s only my second post here and I didn’t know what to do! So I prayed and promptly Charles Stanley came on the radio with this list on growing in Christ. He isn’t usually a list type person so when he said write these down, I did! Then I knew it would morph into this post, thank God for answered prayers!
2. I added my notes to a 12×12 scrapbook paper and put down a watercolor background.
3. I stamped as well as free handed lots of flowers then used a mix of watercolors or watered down craft paint on them. The sun is watercolored in.
4. Next I planned out my title work in lots of fun alpha stickers. Hint: I like to line them up on the edge of my table so I can get a good idea of how much room they will take up.
5. I felt there was an empty portion under my list but above my flowers and I was super happy with the amount of flowers I had so I decided to paint the word ‘grow’ in. I highlighted some of it’s edges with a Faber Castell Pitt pen and also used the pen to stamp the flower on the end of the word. At this time I also outlined my title work with the Illustrated Faith pen and used it to add little details throughout.
6. Next I added some final embellishments; enamel dots, hearts, arrow, washi tape and butterflies!
7. Reflect. I learned many lessons throughout this creative endeavor. The Holy Spirit will work differently in all of us so you won’t likely learn what I learned but I will share quickly. First, I learned, pray and He is faithful to answer. Second, I learned that the mere fact I wanted to spend the time on this project and post means I am growing in my relationship with Christ! But one particular afternoon while working on it I really let my kids ruffle me, so I still have growing to do! Third, I learned to stay true to myself! It is great to try new things but more often I love the outcome when I stick to doing my own creative thing instead of trying to be like anyone else!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you will try your own mixed media faith based project, I’d love to see it!
Illustrated Faith by Bella Blvd Whatever is Lovely scrapbook paper – admirable and lovely | Illustrated Faith pen | Bloom stamps by Illustrated Faith | Illustrated Faith by Bella blvd Fruit punch tiny text | Kuretake aquabrush | Crayola 24 washable watercolors | Apple barrel acrylics | Stazon jet black | Vintage label maker | Faber castell pitt pen big brush cadmium yellow | Bella Blvd enamel dots | Bella Blvd enamel doodads