I am always looking for fun new ways to add text to my Bible pages. I tend to find a verse I am really connecting with and then illustrate that verse in the margin. Sometimes I use alpha stickers, and sometimes I free-hand it, other times I use stamps for the words.
Today I am going to show you a fun new way to add text to your margins using one of my favorite things…washi tape!
Supplies you will need:
* washi tape (you will want light colors and not a lot of patterns)
* computer and printer
The first thing I did was hop on my computer and type up the verse that I wanted to add to my page. I chose a Psalm of Ascent (Psalm 121) and used the first verse. I kept the lines of each row short enough to fit into my margins and I also tried using different fonts for each line (just to mix it up a bit).
Next, you choose your washi tape and lay it right on top of your text. Again, i am using a few different ones to see which I like the best for my final page.
Now pull up the wash tape and be amazed :) You just created your very own text covered wash tape! Add to your journal page and embellish.
I hope you all enjoyed this super quick and cute tutorial. I would love to see your pages if you decide to try it out!! Make sure to tag me @ashinemachine so that I can see!
Heather Greenwood, , Heather Greenwood, Illustrated Faith, Tips & Techniques, acrylic paint, Bible Journaling Tutorial, Confetti Devotional Kit, Gelli Plate, Illustrating Bible, mixed media bible journaling, 0
Hi friends! Who has had a chance to dive into the Confetti devotional? I knew right away I just...
- Print and Pray Hybrid Bible Journaling | Thankfulness is Key | Psalm 9 October 15, 2019
- Print and Pray Journaling – Traveler’s Notebook Process Video | Psalm 23:6 October 14, 2019
- Sunday Inspiration from Psalm 18:28 October 13, 2019
- Word Nerd Bible Journaling Process Video | Word | Deuteronomy 30:14 October 7, 2019